Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor
T: 0161 762 9876
Michelle has worked in both Private and NHS healthcare since leaving school.
Under different trusts, she has gained 27 years of professional experience in residential care and working within the community as an Assistant Practitioner.
Michelle is an honest hard-working member of the team she is reliable, well organised, and committed to delivering the highest possible standards of care.
Michelle is a valued member of the multidisciplinary team actively working with solicitors, case managers occupational therapists and physiotherapists to support clients when reaching their full potential both in their home environment and in the community.
“I see the completion of my Assistant Practitioner training as being a major achievement. It gives me so much fulfilment seeing the results makes all the hard work worthwhile”.
In her position as Assistant Practitioner working within the community for Manchester University NHS Trust Michelle was responsible for.
- Running the phlebotomy clinic between health centres covering the whole of Manchester
- Patient home care visits and documenting on patient medical notes on our EMIS system
- Staff off duty rotas
- Working remotely providing our service by phone.
- General clinics involve assessing children with eczema, wounds and prescribing appropriate treatment plans.
- Liaising with GP’s, Hospitals and other medical professionals.
Whilst working within the Children’s Palliative Care Team, Michelle worked closely with a family who nominated the team for the Well Child Award.
In 2008 the team won Outstanding Medical Team with HRH Prince Harry presenting the award.Download Michelle's cv