Location: Burnley, Greater Manchester
Salary: £12.75 per hour
Contract: Permanent, 20 – 25 hours per week x 2 positions
We are a passionate rehabilitation and care company providing support to children and adults across England, specialising in acquired brain injury, spinal injury and other complex conditions.
We believe that you are the key to our clients’ rehabilitation success and so we offer a great employment package including training, supervisions & support along with an excellent rate of pay.
About The Role
Your role will be dedicated to working with a young man with an acquired brain injury and other complex needs. Working to build a professional, working relationship and supporting him with all aspects of care. This will include daily living activities and limited social & leisure activities in the home and out in the community. For example, taking the client out for walks in his wheelchair, help him to participate in activities with the family and assist health professionals with Therapy Programmes.. You will also be required to provide personal care and medication administration.
The hours will be 7:00am to 9:00am and 3:30pm to 8:00pm term time Monday to Friday and 1:00pm to 7:30pm Saturday and Sunday. School Holidays will be 1:00pm – 7:30pm daily with some flexibility dependant on the clients needs. These hours will work on a rota basis between the 2 posts.
This post will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
- Experience of working in a supporting/care role, both in the community and the home.
- Friendly, approachable and confident in the role.
- Experience and ability to understand and deal with complex and challenging conditions.
- Flexible in approach to meet the needs of the client.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent recognised health profession qualification.
- Full driving licence.
- Experience working with acquired brain injuries.
- Previously worked with therapists to deliver a support plan.
- Registered on DBS update service.
- 6 weeks holiday (pro rata for part time)
- Additional day for each completed year of service up to 5 years
- Competitive rate of pay
- Ongoing training
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
We are passionate about the work we do. Helping our clients achieve their full potential and improving their quality of life. If you would like to be considered for any future roles within Rehabilitation for Independence or Support for Independence, please complete the form below and send us your CV.