Sensory Processing Team Leader
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
(30 hours per week would be considered)
Base: Bury, Lancashire
Salary: Band 7 NHS or equivalent depending on experience
Rehabilitation for Independence is looking for a Team Leader for the specialist sensory service work we undertake for the local community, based in the office in Bury.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic private healthcare practice as the team leader of the fast growing sensory processing team. This challenging but rewarding role will involve leading the sensory team with support from the clinical lead, delivering services to client’s mainly in the Bury locality. You will complete specialist sensory processing assessments, undertake and lead sensory interventions in education settings or at the child’s home, and facilitate sensory processing training to parents and the wider workforce. This rewarding role is ideally suited to someone with a proven track record and experience working in healthcare or education, preferably in the area of sensory processing.
Day-to-day, you’ll evaluate the motor, sensory and perceptual skills of children in clinic, at home and in education settings. You will have experience of using a range of standardised and non-standardised assessments, and the ability to produce and create bespoke reports and therapy programmes to meet the sensory needs of each individual.
You will have a professional qualification in Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, or Physiotherapy. Ideally you will have or will be working towards achieving sensory processing qualifications or have experience working in sensory processing, and/or have worked in paediatric therapy services.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration
- You will have a working knowledge of Autism and ADHD.
- Knowledge of, or an interest in Ayres’ Sensory Integration is desirable.
- Your expertise should come with good organisational skills and strong initiative: you must be able to work independently as well as motivate and offer support to the sensory team.
- Two years proven experience working as an Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist or Physiotherapist, ideally with children in a health or education setting.
- Qualifications and specific training in sensory processing are desirable.
- Experience in writing annual review reports to contribute towards Education, Health and Care Plans (or equivalent) would be advantageous.
- A confident, caring and pro-active attitude.
- Demonstrate experiential training to demonstrate highly specialist skills.
- Demonstrate a successful track record for enhancing and improving outcomes for people with complex disabilities, and their support network as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Driver (essential to visit schools, nurseries, and homes).
- Rehabilitation for Independence is an independent healthcare company, offering Occupational Therapy, case management, and sensory services to children and adults living with a range of neurological & physical difficulties – https://rehabforindependence.co.uk/
- Friendly, supportive team with modern office facilities.
- Free onsite parking.
- Annual Appraisal.
- Opportunity for professional development and training.
- Regular team meetings.
- Regular formal supervision and informal supervision throughout the week.
- Diverse and rewarding workload with excellent job satisfaction.
- Working days and hours are negotiable to achieve a good work-life balance.
Please send your CV to Clinical Lead Hannah Cook firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information and an informal chat please contact Hannah on 0161 762 9876 to discuss the role in more detail.
Closing date – 19th August 2022
Interview date – TBA