Location: Bury, Lancashire
Contract: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
Salary: £24.907 to £30.615 per annum dependent on experience
About the Role
Rehabilitation for Independence is looking for a full-time Occupational Therapist, based in Bury however this is a community-based role so the ability to travel is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic private healthcare practice as a full-time Occupational Therapist. This challenging but rewarding role will involve working in the sensory team, delivering services to clients across the North West. There will also be opportunities to deliver Occupational Therapy to adults and children who have acquired brain injuries.
This post is suitable for an experienced or newly qualified Occupational Therapist with an interest in sensory processing. You will evaluate the motor, sensory and perceptual skills of children in clinic, at home and in school/nursery. Following assessment, you will evaluate the impact of any challenges or barriers to participation in activities and problem-solve to establish client-centred solutions.
Placement or practice experience using a range of standardised and non-standardised assessments including activity analysis would be advantageous.
The ability to create bespoke reports and Occupational Therapy programmes to meet the needs of each individual is crucial.
You need to be a good communicator who is resilient and has the ability to handle challenging behaviour in order to create the best possible outcomes for our clients. In return, you’ll get regular supervision, opportunities for training and development and a strong support network.
- A recognised Occupational Therapy qualification, HCPC-registered or due to register in summer 2021.
- Knowledge of and an interest in sensory processing.
- Good organisational skills and strong initiative with a commitment to learning and continuing professional development.
- Membership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
- Experience working as an Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy student within children’s services.
- Knowledge of special educational needs, Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD.
- Experience or awareness of the Occupational Therapists role in writing annual review reports contributing towards Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP).
- A confident, caring and pro-active attitude.
- Friendly team with good office facilities and working terms.
- Opportunity for professional development and training.
- Regular supervision with a senior clinician.
- Diverse and rewarding workload with excellent job satisfaction and career development opportunities.
- Rehabilitation for Independence is an independent healthcare company, offering Occupational Therapy and case management services to children and adults living with a range of neurological & physical difficulties, throughout the North of England. Visit our website for more information – https://rehabforindependence.co.uk/
To request an application form, please contact Nate Goodman via email email@example.com or phone 0161 762 9876.
For further information about the role, please contact Hannah Cook on 0161 762 9876.
We are passionate about the work we do. Helping our clients achieve their full potential and improving their quality of life. If you would like to be considered for any future roles within Rehabilitation for Independence or Support for Independence, please complete the form below and send us your CV.